The Mount Vernon Athletic Association's mission is to promote healthy athletic opportunities for the youth in its member sports programs.
- To encourage and develop an environment of community connection and cooperation
- To assist in the development and maintenance of all community athletic programs
- To work cooperatively regarding the collaboration of services necessary to the function of each athletic organization
- To offer opportunities for local athletic organizations to improve and further develop
- To celebrate the enjoyment and benefit of athletics
- To provide the community with a central organization for communicating youth athletic opportunities--athletic registrations, facility needs, advertisement, vendor information, skill development, participant assistance or communication, and participant insurance if so desired
- To connect the city, school and club levels of each sport to provide for maximum consistency and program development
- To encourage athletic organizations to be proactive in safe and healthy practices and promoting good sportsmanship.
- To provide a forum for youth athletic facility planning, both maintenance and development
- To be an example of balanced cooperation, diplomacy and respectfulness with each athletic organization
- To encourage athletic organizations to be operated with the highest ethical business practices.
- To provide document examples and forms that can be customized by each organization